Monday, May 10, 2010

What did we do this weekend?

Well the weather was not as nice as one could have wanted. Rather cold and cloudy, and rain was in the air.

The park next door is at its most beautiful early summer. In a week or two, depending on the weather, it would be filled with color. This weekend, only a few of was in bloom. Another early summer happening is the Japan garden. It is open for public a few weeks late spring /early summer and a couple of weeks in the fall.


Apart from outdoor activities, I’ve manage to knit a little during the weekend. I’ve been a member of Rowan International for a few years. Each year one gets a “present” upon confirming another year subscription of the magazine. A couple of years ago that present was 6 balls (50 g) of Rowan Denim. When Interweave Summer arrived on Friday, I finally found a project for which the yarn would suit. However 6 skeins were not enough. What did I do? Used leftover yarn from my dress and added some white.
I did do a few adoptions to the pattern. Firstly, I raised the front – it was far too low for me. Secondly, I did not follow the instructions for where to start the ribbing – I did measure my body and also took into consideration the shrinking that was expected of the Denim. I also made the sleeves slightly longer.
It did “bleed” quite a lot during the first wash – as expected. The white did pick up a little blue – as expected – but not that much.

8 comments:

  1. Lekker jakke! =)

    Herlige ute-bilder, også! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så flott denne ble!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Den ble veldig fin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweater! It reminds me of my best-loved jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't notice the white at first glance. Works perfectly with white slacks and shirt. Great job of making it come together! I too saw it in IK but thought the neckline too low. Someday I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flott sommar-topp. Mykje betre fasong enn originalen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeg trodde du hadde en hvit t-skjorte under. Så dette passet godt. Den sitter jo som et skudd! Den tida er nok over for meg, så jeg hadde nok vært nødt til å adjust some mor for the shrinking of the Denim. Du er jammen god, og du forklarer så fint hva du gjør, det er helt begripelig for oss andre. Fortsatt god helg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat leuk op jouw blog Clingendael te zien! Heerlijk!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.